Ir al contenido principal

People who challenge you

First off all I want to apologize -or not really- for writing in English. I know most people who aren't comfortable with this language will feel like they're not allowed to or part of this content, but I will try -no promises here- to translate into Spanish for everyone -willing- to read.

People who challenge you are the kind of people I want around me. People who question almost every aspect of daily life. Every tiny action -or major actions for that matter- causes them to ask "why?". Why do I wanna baptize my kid if I'm not that religious? Why do I want to eat this meal if it doesn't really satisfy me? Why would I want to buy this or that if it doesn't really make me that happy? Why?

Lately I've been talking to a friend of mine who is questioning everything. But not only everything but mostly herself. And I loved that. It's not just "you shoudn't -or should- do that", it's more like "should I be doing that? why do I do it? do I want this? why am I like this?". And it gets sort of annoying at one point to ourselves to question and to analyse every single attitude towards life but it's also great, in her words -sort of- "we are the generation who is awakening". And yes, damn yes, we are. For the better or for the worse we are questioning, and wherever that questioning takes us, it for sure leads us to get to know ourselves, and there for, really know what we want.

And that's the kind of people I want in my life. People who is uncomfortable, who is discovering, who is finding out and trying new things. Contagious people. You know how you find this pictures only with a beautiful night sky and some sort of quote like "talking under the stars about life"? Well, forget about the romanticism of that, I want people talking. Last night we spend hours -or maybe not that much- talking about eveything. We were also -and mostly- talking about ourselves but we were also trying to figure out how come we had that point of view in life, why we had this atttitudes towards these things that were happening to us. From relationships to food, from motherhood to slut shaming, from Netflix shows to capitalism and everything in between. In the middle of all those questions and thoughts we eventually caught ourselves judging and how hard it is not only to spot it but also to stop it. We're so used to have an opinion for everything that we cannot help it. Who cares she dressed that way? Who cares she doesn't want to have her hair removed? Who cares how old is your boyfriend/girlfriend? Who cares what anyone does as long as it does not affect you?

So yes, this is the people I want in my life. People asking themselves WHY, but not to others but to each other. People actually listening to what the other one has to say, people considering other perspectives in life, people challenging what you thought you knew...

If you're asking, you know where to find me.

Comentarios